Why else would you grow mint?
I thought it might be nice to grow a bit of mint for the summer cocktail season. Let's just say, I have no regrets. I know mint tends to grow out of hand, but hopefully, I'll find a way to keep up with production.
Here's a classic recipe for Mojitos:
10 fresh mint leaves
1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
2 TBSP white sugar
1 cup ice (crushed preferably)
1 1/2 oz of rum
1/2 cup club soda
- Put mint and 1 lime wedge into a glass and use a muddler to crush the mint and lime. This releases the oils and the juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and sugar and muddle that.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the rum in.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with club soda.
- Toss in the remaining lime wedge and enjoy!
What cocktails to you like to make with mint? Let me know in the comments!